We are excited that you are interested in joining the Grid110 team and applying for the Program Lead position. Please review the job description below and submit your application by June 28th for consideration. Thank you!
Grid110 is a non-profit organization supporting a diverse community of startups and entrepreneurs in Los Angeles through access to free office space, mentoring, and resources. Our mission is to make the entrepreneurial path more equitable, inclusive, and accessible. We have now had over 100 companies participate in our programs (69% female founders, 58% founders of color) across a variety of different business verticals and stages. This position will similarly reflect our mission.
Downtown Los Angeles
Grid110 seeks a full time Program Lead to lead daily operations and programming needs for our accelerator programs. The role will require someone who is organized, has experience working in a fast-paced environment and is proactive, an effective communicator, while being team-oriented and a self-starter. Prior experience with startups, early-stage companies and/or program manager/ operations is a plus. This is a full-time paid position requiring a flexible schedule, often including evenings (and occasional weekends) when we are hosting programs and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Executive Director (ED) and Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs) in the development and execution of all Grid110 Residency and Idea to Prototype programs and logistics.
• Coordinate application process/timelines and assist in company recruitment, interviews and selection.
• Support program participants and be attuned to their needs by providing guidance, resources, and managing up to ED and EIRs on their development throughout the program
• Coordinate weekly program sessions, office hours and other program related activities.
• Develop, distribute, analyze, and implement in-person and survey based program feedback.
• Own program calendars, resource scheduling, staff < > participant communication and development/distribution of program related materials.
• With support from Grid110 team, recruit/manage relationships with mentors, experts, guest speakers, partners for weekly sessions, office hours, workshops, other engagement opportunities.
• Contribute to the on-going development, iteration and expansion of Grid110 programs and engagement of program alumni.
• Ensure that program processes are effectively managed and maintained to ensure that program participants are equipped and prepared for sessions
• Collaborate with the team on various projects and discussions such as alumni program development, community development initiatives, impact reporting, and team culture development.
• Represent and speak on behalf of Grid110 at various events for brand awareness, company recruitment and marketing purposes.
• Team player with strong interest in supporting entrepreneurs and the LA startup community
• Self-starter, fast learner, ability to move quickly and efficiently, comfortable within a fast-paced (and sometimes ambiguous) startup environment.
• Strong organizational qualities and skills, such as collaborative teamwork, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, high degree of integrity and creative problem solving.
• Empathetic and driven by a desire to help elevate others and their endeavors
• Curious, passionate, and continued pursuit for self-development and feedback
• Process and systems oriented with a passion for organizational and operational efficiency.
• Experience in program management, event planning and logistics.
• Experience with Google Drive, Calendars, Asana, Airtable, Typeform and other organizational systems.
• Bonus: previous experience working for or participating in an accelerator, entrepreneurship program or a startup.
• We are driven by the following core values and we hope these resonate with you too: empathy, generosity, community, a sense of belonging and grit.