Join us for a panel event on the evening of February 5th on the topic of Furthering Diversity in Tech. It’s a discussion about challenges in entering, working in, and progressing through the tech industry. There will be a Q&A portion of the event. Food will be provided.
Date: Tuesday, February 5th, 2019
Time: 6:30 PM - 8:45 PM
- 6:30 - 7:00 Networking
- 7:00 - 8:20 Panelists + Q&A
- 8:20 - 8:45 Networking & Conclusion
Location: Stem HQ
743 N Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046
Metered street parking is available, please allow time for traffic and parking. You can also park on the residential area west of Fairfax on N Hayworth and N Edinburgh.
Panelists to date include (additional panelists TBA):
* Kara Nortman - Partner at Upfront Venture
- Kara was featured in an article in Forbes and discusses how she is changing the venture capital game for female entrepreneurs as well as how Venture Capitalists should approach investing with an eye toward diversity.
* Milana Rabkin - Co-founder & CEO of Stem Disintermedia Inc.
- Stem is startup changing the game of music payment distribution for artists everywhere. Prior to starting Stem, Milana was recognized as one of Hollywood's New Leaders by Variety and was named one of the "30 under 30" most influential young executives by Refinery29 in 2012. In addition to her work at Stem, Milana also serves on the Board of Directors for the Make A Wish Foundation.
* Jean Zhou - Data Scientist at The Walt Disney Studios
- Jean has been working in the field of Data Science for the last 5 years. Prior to joining The Walt Disney Studios, she was a data scientist at TrueCar. She'll be sharing insights gained from her professional experience while progressing through the tech industry.
* Shannon Yates - Director of Data at Tala
- Tala is a female-owned start up founded by Shivani Siroya. Tala's mission is to reach and extend credit to hard-working individuals who would not otherwise qualify under traditional sources of credit. Shannon's extensive experience in the public sector, education, and tech brings a unique perspective to the panel.
* Michael Williams - Consultant at Shapestone
- Michael is a Director of Engineering with over 12 years experience in all aspects of software development. He has expert knowledge of web technologies, system architectures, and development methodologies. Michael is also passionate about, and brings to the panel, perspective on the value of mentorship.