Networking is integral to getting a job and building your career. It can also be incredibly awkward.
Join us for a fireside chat and interactive workshop to learn how to be more comfortable at networking events, make authentic connections, and develop + leverage relationships for professional opportunities. This will also be a great way to meet other people.
While this event is geared towards women in STEM, it is open to everyone. Food and bev provided.
6pm: Doors open
6:45pm: Fireside chat (speaker to be announced)
8pm: Event ends
Key takeaways include:
1. How to feel confident (i.e. let go of your imposter syndrome)
2. Get informational interviews
2. Understand and organize your network
3. Build a personal board of advisors
3. The difference between mentors and sponsors + how too make it a symbiotic relationship
4. How to connect others (there's an etiquette!)
5. Networking exercises