We know the L.A. region will be reshaped as the era of smart cities is ushered in, but we must collectively engage in this transformation in order to ensure that it benefits policymakers, private industry, educational institutions, and residents.
Join our panel of experts at the Future Forum as we address the following challenges:
- How do cities innovate and leverage technology to not only provide the services citizens need but also to build a model that supports the rapid growth required to attract and sustain highly successful inhabitants?
- What opportunities are there for private industry to partner with cities in their quest to become “smarter”?
- The technology behind smart cities present new and yet-to-be created careers—how can educational institutions best prepare students for these opportunities?
- How can ICT and IoT change our cityscapes and how people interact with them?
- How will the increased connectivity of a smart city shape our economy?